LEGAZPI CITY — The members of the People’s Law Enforcement Boards, Chiefs of Police, Local Chief Executives, and their representatives in the Province of Albay attended a two-day seminar dubbed as Seminary Workshop on the Capability Enhancement of the People’s Law Enforcement Boards held on November 26 and 27, 2015 at the Sangguniang Panlalawigan of Albay Session Hall, Provincial Capitol Building, Legazpi City. The seminar workshop was organized and sponsored by the Provincial Government of Albay (PGA), Albay Provincial Advisory Council (APAC), and the National Police Commission Regional Office No. 5 (NAPOLCOM 5). It was initiated by Vice-Governor Harold O. Imperial, who is also the chairperson of the APAC, as well as by Ms. Ma. Gianelli Quiñones-Besana, PhD, the NAPOLCOM 5 Chief of the Administrative Division and Provincial Officer for Albay.
During the opening ceremony on the first day of the seminar workshop, NAPOLCOM 5 Regional Director Rodolfo G. Santos, Jr. delivered his welcome remarks, which was followed by a keynote address and inspirational message by Vice-Governor Harold O. Imperial.
Dr. Quiñones Besana then gave the participants an overview of the seminar workshop and introduced the participants of the activity.
The lectures on the first day of the seminar were:
- Local Chief Executives: Powers and Functions (by Dir. Rodolfo G. Santos, Jr.)
- Uniform Rules of Procedure Before the Administrative Disciplinary Authorities, particularly the PLEB (by Atty. Franco Fermin B. Avila, RAB Chairperson and OIC-Asst. Regional Director of NAPOLCOM 5)
- Adminsitrative Offenses and Penalties (by Atty. Adrian G. Miras, NAPOLCOM 5 Provincial Officer for Catanduanes)
- Appreciation of Evidence (by Atty. Flora F. Mangampo-Remolacio, Chief of the Technical Services Division of NAPOLCOM 5)
For the second day, the following topics were covered:
- Jurisprudence (by Atty. Flora F. Mangampo-Remolacio, Chief of the Technical Services Division of NAPOLCOM 5)
- Case Records Management and Decision Writing (by Atty. Edman B. Pares, NAPOLCOM 5 Provincial Officer for Camarines Norte)
Atty. Pares likewise presented sample forms to be used by the PLEBs, and a sample script for pre-hearing conference, among others. He then facilitated a role-playing activity, in which participants played the role of PLEB, complainant, and respondents.
Finally, during the closing ceremony, PSSupt. Marlo S. Meneses, Acting Provincial Director of the Albay Police Provincial Office delivered his closing remarks. Dr. Besana then gave a brief message of acknowledgment to the participants and to the Office of the Vice-Governor and the Provincial Government of Albay.
Also present in the closing ceremony were Provincial Board Members Hon. Ralph Andes and Hon. Herbert Borja.
The certificates were also distributed to all participants during the closing ceremony.